This jump rope is the same spec as our signature beaded jump rope but comes with soft beads! Again, this is a great jump rope for beginners and those new to jump rope, especially for learning tricks and freestyle jump rope. It's also a great option for those looking to expand their rope collection.
The main difference with soft beads is that they are a bit less harsh on impact and so are quieter on indoor surfaces which some people prefer. The beads themselves are as durable as the hard beads too! As a result some people have a preference for soft beads.
Short handle beaded ropes are recommended by jump rope experts for learning correct jump rope form and technique, setting you up the right way to learn. Here's why:
- Feedback: The beads provide an extra bit of weight to give the jumper more feel of the cable as it rotates around them. This allows the jumper to learn more advanced skills more easily as they have a better understanding of rope mechanics and movement. At in and around 3oz, this is the standard spec beaded rope that is commonly used globally to give a great feedback for drilling new skills and strict form.
- Short handles: This particular beaded rope has short handles which requires the jumper to have much stricter hand positioning to execute tricks, meaning that you are more likely to execute the tricks in the correct way with the correct form.
- Durability: The beads protect the cord running through the jump rope and so the cord will not wear as it never comes into contact with the surface. In addition, when the beads erode over time, you will have spare beads to replace those beads when you initially adjust the rope down in length. A great option for jumping on lots of different surfaces including harsher surfaces outside!
- No Kinking: The one disadvantage of PVC ropes is that they will kink and eventually snap. Beaded ropes do not kink and so maintain their rope shape as it moves around your body which again helps with executing tricks as well as making the rope last for the user.
Our soft beaded beaded jump rope has the following specifications:
- Cord length - 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- Bead width - 1 inch
Made with soft durable TPU material. Quieter on indoor surfaces, less harsh on impact and great durability across all surface types. Also great feedback from the weight and resistance of the beads. Note that beads will scratch and get scuffed when used on harsh surfaces but this does not affect the functionality of the rope and the beads themselves only wear down over a long period of time due to slow erosion.
- 5" Short Handles: Unbreakable low-density polyethylene Dope Ropes Elite handles contoured to fit your hand and also come with a lifetime guarantee! We are so confident in our handles that if they break, we will replace them one time for free!
- Made in collaboration with Elite SRS to create unbreakable handles that are passed with both our marks of quality.
- Circa 100g in weight (or 3-3.5oz) dependent on the length it is shortened to.
See the rope in action:
⚠️ Jump ropes can and will sting on impact! Use at your own risk ⚠️
Great for anyone who is just beginning or a pro. I am extremely out of shape and can barely jump for 5 mins straight, but between the instructions and great product I feel confident that I'll get it down. The website has such helpful free videos, it all just feels very supportive.
Very lightweight & soft beads!
Dope Ropes Soft Beaded Jump Rope
This rope is lightweight and easy to use. I love the soft beads.
Awesome jump rope that is easy to adjust and doesn’t hurt if it hits you.