One of my personal favourites and a jump rope for LIFE! Our recommendation for beginners and those new to jump rope, especially for learning tricks and freestyle jump rope (adjustable to any height!).
Short handle beaded ropes are recommended by jump rope experts for learning correct jump rope form and technique, setting you up the right way to learn. Here's why:
- Feedback: The beads provide an extra bit of weight to give the jumper more feel of the cable as it rotates around them. This allows the jumper to learn more advanced skills more easily as they have a better understanding of rope mechanics and movement. At in and around 3oz, this is the standard spec beaded rope that is commonly used globally to give a great feedback for drilling new skills and strict form.
- Short handles: This particular beaded rope has short handles which requires the jumper to have much stricter hand positioning to execute tricks, meaning that you are more likely to execute the tricks in the correct way with the correct form.
- Durability: The beads protect the cord running through the jump rope and so the cord will not wear as it never comes into contact with the surface. In addition, when the beads erode over time, you will have spare beads to replace those beads when you initially adjust the rope down in length. A great option for jumping on lots of different surfaces including harsher surfaces outside!
- No Kinking: The one disadvantage of PVC ropes is that they will kink and eventually snap. Beaded ropes do not kink and so maintain their rope shape as it moves around your body which again helps with executing tricks as well as making the rope last for the user.
Our signature beaded jump rope has the following specifications:
- Cord length - 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- Bead width - 1 inch
- High quality shatter proof plastic beads. Hand beaded in the USA! Note that beads will scratch and get scuffed when used on hard surfaces but this does not affect the functionality of the rope and the beads themselves only wear down over a long period of time due to slow erosion.
- 5" Short Handles: Unbreakable low-density polyethylene Dope Ropes Elite handles contoured to fit your hand. These handles also come with a lifetime guarantee! We are so confident in our handles that if they break, we will replace them one time for free!
- Made in collaboration with Elite SRS to create unbreakable handles that are passed with both our marks of quality.
- Circa 100g in weight (or 3-3.5oz) dependent on the length it is shortened to.
See the rope in action:
⚠️ Jump ropes can and will sting on impact! Use at your own risk ⚠️
There is nothing that “jumps” out about this rope that says it is professional quality. It appears to be exactly the same as cheap plastic Chinese versions. The length is good and is adjustable. The handles are extremely thin. The weight of the beads are too light to use even in a modest breeze. Given the quality, the price for this rope is way too high.
My daughter has been loving her new jump rope and learning new tricks from Laurenjumps videos!!!
Got this rope to replace my old faithful that finally broke after several years. I have read this rope is good for learning new tricks but I did not love it. I practice jumping rope for boxing so my goals are footwork and speed, I found this rope clunky and slow. I could see this being useful for a beginner, I passed it on to a friend.
My rope arrived quickly, is beautiful, and feels very durable. I also really appreciate the tutorials on the website.
Happy with the rope so far. It was a fair price for a quality bearded rope. Good performance. I do wish it was just a touch heavier to have a little better feedback but otherwise its great. Nice allround workborse of a jumprope. Easy to add/ remove beads and customize length for proper fit. I have been jumping rope for years and also have my degree in himan performance and a doctorate in physical therapy as well. Solid purchase ill be using for a long time.