One of my personal favourites and a jump rope for LIFE! Our recommendation for beginners and those new to jump rope, especially for learning tricks and freestyle jump rope (adjustable to any height!).
Short handle beaded ropes are recommended by jump rope experts for learning correct jump rope form and technique, setting you up the right way to learn. Here's why:
- Feedback: The beads provide an extra bit of weight to give the jumper more feel of the cable as it rotates around them. This allows the jumper to learn more advanced skills more easily as they have a better understanding of rope mechanics and movement. At in and around 3oz, this is the standard spec beaded rope that is commonly used globally to give a great feedback for drilling new skills and strict form.
- Short handles: This particular beaded rope has short handles which requires the jumper to have much stricter hand positioning to execute tricks, meaning that you are more likely to execute the tricks in the correct way with the correct form.
- Durability: The beads protect the cord running through the jump rope and so the cord will not wear as it never comes into contact with the surface. In addition, when the beads erode over time, you will have spare beads to replace those beads when you initially adjust the rope down in length. A great option for jumping on lots of different surfaces including harsher surfaces outside!
- No Kinking: The one disadvantage of PVC ropes is that they will kink and eventually snap. Beaded ropes do not kink and so maintain their rope shape as it moves around your body which again helps with executing tricks as well as making the rope last for the user.
Our signature beaded jump rope has the following specifications:
- Cord length - 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- Bead width - 1 inch
- High quality shatter proof plastic beads. Hand beaded in the USA! Note that beads will scratch and get scuffed when used on hard surfaces but this does not affect the functionality of the rope and the beads themselves only wear down over a long period of time due to slow erosion.
- 5" Short Handles: Unbreakable low-density polyethylene handles contoured to fit your hand. These handles also come with a lifetime guarantee! We are so confident in our handles that if they break, we will replace them one time for free!
- Circa 100g in weight (or 3-3.5oz) dependent on the length it is shortened to.
- Available in several colours starting from $21.99 as well as special editions starting from $26.99 with unique print and patterns and bicolour handles.
See the rope in action:
⚠️ Jump ropes can and will sting on impact! Use at your own risk ⚠️
Good quality beaded jump rope.
but it sure makes you try and turn the dial up to 11. It’s been great fun, though I do have to make sure there is a wide exclusion zone when trying some of the tricks. Love the rope will definitely get another when I need/want one.
Wish they were a little more weighted
After using my midnight dope rope for a couple months I love my rope. It is durable and functions. Get you a dope rope