One of my personal favourites and a jump rope for LIFE! Our recommendation for beginners and those new to jump rope, especially for learning tricks and freestyle jump rope (adjustable to any height!).
Short handle beaded ropes are recommended by jump rope experts for learning correct jump rope form and technique, setting you up the right way to learn. Here's why:
- Feedback: The beads provide an extra bit of weight to give the jumper more feel of the cable as it rotates around them. This allows the jumper to learn more advanced skills more easily as they have a better understanding of rope mechanics and movement. At in and around 3oz, this is the standard spec beaded rope that is commonly used globally to give a great feedback for drilling new skills and strict form.
- Short handles: This particular beaded rope has short handles which requires the jumper to have much stricter hand positioning to execute tricks, meaning that you are more likely to execute the tricks in the correct way with the correct form.
- Durability: The beads protect the cord running through the jump rope and so the cord will not wear as it never comes into contact with the surface. In addition, when the beads erode over time, you will have spare beads to replace those beads when you initially adjust the rope down in length. A great option for jumping on lots of different surfaces including harsher surfaces outside!
- No Kinking: The one disadvantage of PVC ropes is that they will kink and eventually snap. Beaded ropes do not kink and so maintain their rope shape as it moves around your body which again helps with executing tricks as well as making the rope last for the user.
Our signature beaded jump rope has the following specifications:
- Cord length - 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- Bead width - 1 inch
- High quality shatter proof plastic beads. Hand beaded in the USA! Note that beads will scratch and get scuffed when used on hard surfaces but this does not affect the functionality of the rope and the beads themselves only wear down over a long period of time due to slow erosion.
- 5" Short Handles: Unbreakable low-density polyethylene Dope Ropes Elite handles contoured to fit your hand. These handles also come with a lifetime guarantee! We are so confident in our handles that if they break, we will replace them one time for free!
- Made in collaboration with Elite SRS to create unbreakable handles that are passed with both our marks of quality.
- Circa 100g in weight (or 3-3.5oz) dependent on the length it is shortened to.
- Available in several colours starting from $21.99 as well as special editions starting from $26.99 with unique print and patterns and bicolour handles.
See the rope in action:
⚠️ Jump ropes can and will sting on impact! Use at your own risk ⚠️
Got this rope so I could start teaching myself how to jump (for exercise). Super easy to adjust for your height. And the colors make all my 80s/90s dreams come true. Well made. Good quality. Shipped fast. Would def recommend.
Easy to use.
Ordered the wrong rope by mistake but what i was sent has been great so far. Good stuff and thank yall for the quick delivery and online resources!
I’ma beginner jumper and bought this rope because @LaurenJumps recommended it. The rope has been great! It’s easy to adjust and has given me great feedback as I learn basic skills. The best part of having a rope from Dope Ropes is the super as you begin your journey!
Super happy with the ropes, we jump outside and the little extra weight helps tons when in a windy location. Previously the only other time I used weighted ropes was as a kid in competition, of course that was pre-internet etc, but I’ve had a love for them from that experience onward. Once hubby said he wanted to get into jump rope, I knew what kind of product I wanted. Super happy.