The amazing Lauren, @lauren.jumps on insta, has been using our ropes since she started her jump rope journey and we are happy to launch a new rope in collaboration with her.
This special edition Lauren Jumps beaded rope features the same specifications as our own Dope Ropes Signature Beaded Jump Rope but also includes Lauren.Jumps and Dope Ropes engraving on the handles as well as two custom tri-colorways with silver and black handles (updated design for 2022!). Now also available in the two new day and night beaded special edition colourways, featuring a unique bead pattern placement not currently available on any of our other ropes. This new rope also features a gradient blue to pink print on the handles.
“When deciding what rope to collaborate on with Dope Ropes, it was difficult to deviate from my favourite rope that has enabled me master every single skill in my arsenal from day 1 until now. I’m super excited to introduce to you the two new custom colorways I’ve chosen and I hope you love them as much as I do!” Lauren.Jumps
Short handle beaded ropes are recommended by jump rope experts for learning correct jump rope form and technique, setting you up the right way to learn. Here's why:
- Feedback: The beads provide an extra bit of weight to give the jumper more feel of the cable as it rotates around them. This allows the jumper to learn more advanced skills more easily as they have a better understanding of rope mechanics and movement. At in and around 3oz, this is the standard spec beaded rope that is commonly used globally to give a great feedback for drilling new skills and strict form.
- Short handles: This particular beaded rope has short handles which requires the jumper to have much stricter hand positioning to execute tricks, meaning that you are more likely to execute the tricks in the correct way with the correct form.
- Durability: The beads protect the cord running through the jump rope and so the cord will not wear as it never comes into contact with the surface. In addition, when the beads erode over time, you will have spare beads to replace those beads when you initially adjust the rope down in length. A great option for jumping on lots of different surfaces including harsher surfaces outside!
- No Kinking: The one disadvantage of PVC ropes is that they will kink and eventually snap. Beaded ropes do not kink and so maintain their rope shape as it moves around your body which again helps with executing tricks as well as making the rope last for the user.
Our signature beaded jump rope has the following specifications:
- Cord length - 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- Bead width - 1 inch
- High quality shatter proof plastic beads. Hand beaded in the USA! Note that beads will scratch and get scuffed when used on harsh surfaces but this does not affect the functionality of the rope and the beads themselves only wear down over a long period of time due to slow erosion.
- 5" Short Handles: Unbreakable low-density polyethylene handles contoured to fit your hand. These handles also come with a lifetime guarantee! We are so confident in our handles that if they break, we will replace them one time for free!
- Circa 100g in weight (or 3-3.5oz) dependent on the length it is shortened to.
See the rope in action:
⚠️ Jump ropes can and will sting on impact! Use at your own risk ⚠️
Works great, easy to control, easy to size. So far, wears well.
This brings me back to elementary school! cant wait to use an OG rope to help me learn fun things this summer
It's perfect for me just starting out. I would recommend it to anyone who is learning how to jump rope!
So far I like it. I had to resize it but instructional video explains that really well. Only bad thing is that I don’t look like Lauren when I use it. Oh well…
I have been skipping (or attempting to) for many years, probably since 2006. I've used leather ropes and speed ropes for cardio but have never really been successful. The beaded rope has weight to it and makes skipping feel more natural. Combined with the Lauren Jumps app, I am now much more successful at skipping. I trip way less, and am finally skipping long enough to work up a sweat. I felt inspired by Lauren Jumps and I'm glad I purchased from Dope Ropes! Thank you!