This jump rope is the same specs as our popular signature beaded rope but with long handles. We recommend this rope if you are at an intermediate/advanced level and for freestyle jumping.
The long handles give you more reach when doing crosses and wraps and so allows for easier execution of more advanced trick combinations. The beads are weighted to give you feel and feedback as the rope moves through the air. In addition, the beads allow the rope to hold its shape and doesn't kink and generally moves slower giving you more control when learning and executing skills. Some people also prefer to have a bigger surface area to catch for releases.
We still recommend that beginners start with the short handle beaded rope in order to learn technique and hand positioning correctly first and then add this rope to the collection! Also, long handles are somewhat down to personal preference too!
Here are just some of the benefits of beaded ropes:
- Feedback: The beads provide an extra bit of weight to give the jumper more feel of the cable as it rotates around them. This allows the jumper to learn more advanced skills more easily as they have a better understanding of rope mechanics and movement.
- Durability: The beads protect the cord running through the jump rope and so the cord will not wear as it never comes into contact with the surface. In addition, when the beads erode over time, you will have spare beads to replace those beads when you initially adjust the rope down in length. A great option for jumping on lots of different surfaces including harsher surfaces outside!
- No Kinking: The one disadvantage of PVC ropes is that they will kink and eventually snap. Beaded ropes do not kink and so maintain their rope shape as it moves around your body which again helps with executing tricks as well as making the rope last for the user.
Our long handle beaded jump rope has the following specifications:
- Cord length - 10ft (adjustable to any height)
- Bead width - 1 inch
- High quality shatter proof plastic beads. Hand beaded in the USA! Note that beads will scratch and get scuffed when used on harsh surfaces but this does not affect the functionality of the rope and the beads themselves only wear down over a long period of time due to slow erosion.
- 8" Elite SRS Long handles: Great for intermediate/advanced freestyle. Makes reaching for crosses and wraps easier and so ideal for executing more advanced freestyle routines. Unbreakable low-density polyethylene 8" handle / 1oz weight (each handle) / .9" diameter at end. These handles also come with a lifetime guarantee! We are so confident in our handles that if they break, we will replace them one time for free!
See the rope in action:
⚠️ Jump ropes can and will sting on impact! Use at your own risk ⚠️
Like the beaded and pvc ropes with long handles.
I would definitely buy more.
I'm just starting out and this rope is really easy to use. I like the long handles for my big hands, really comfortable.
This rope is exactly what I was looking for. Perfect for freestyle jumping and practicing new skills. Also seems like it will hold up very well on rough outdoor surfaces.
Rope was ok nothing special. Wouldn’t buy again. Will be going back to the Buddy Lee Magic Rope
I love my long handled rope, it’s enabled me to be better at leg crosses and TS. Great for a beginner like me.